Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Eagles Go To Super Bowl and Win! New Quarterback is Hero

The Eagles football coach was desperately seeking a new quarterback with a good throwing arm when he happened to see on television a CNN report from the war zone of Afghanistan. 

He spotted an Afghani soldier who threw a hand-grenade straight into a window from 80 yards away. He then threw a grenade another 70 yards into a chimney, and finally hit a passing car going 80 miles an hour. “The perfect arm! I’ve got to find this guy,” the coach declares.

He locates and brings the young Afghani to America and in a short time he picks up the game and is soon throwing amazing touchdowns and passes. Sure enough, the Eagles win the Super Bowl on the strength of the new quarterback’s arm.

After the game the elated sports hero calls his mother with the exciting news.

“I don’t want to talk to you,” says the old woman. “You deserted us, You are no longer my son.”

“Mother, I don’t think you understand I just won the most import sporting event in America,” he declares.

“No, let me tell you,” the woman responds. “At this very moment there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week. And I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn’t get raped!”

The old woman pauses and tearfully says,”I will never forgive you for making us move to Philadelphia!”