Thursday, May 31, 2018

Crooked Quotes from ABSCAM and Beyond

ABSCAM Deal Going Down
Below is a small bouquet of quotes from Philly crooks, wise guys and scammers.

Congressman Michael “Ozzie” Myers, caught in the Abscam sting: 
“In business money talks and bullshit walks.”

State Senator LeAnne Washington, chewing out an underling:
“I am the fucking senator. I do what the fuck I want and ain’t nobody gonna change me.”

George X. Schwartz, city council president, caught in Abscam sting:

“We got five, six (city council) members. You tell me your birthday; I’ll give them to you for your birthday. ”

U.S. Senator Boies Penrose was never embarrassed to talk politics:
“I’ll take money from any man. You can’t run a party on nothing, and when you need money the place to get it is from them that have it.”

Chaka “Chip” Fatah Jr. convicted of $1.1 million in various fraudulent scams told the judge at sentencing:

“I didn’t know anything I did was a violation of the law.”

All-time scoundrel T. Milton Street, who refused to pay traffic tickets even when he worked for traffic court and owed $2,000 in unpaid tickets:
“Why the fuck should I pay?” Earlier he declared: “I had a choice . Either spend the money on tickets or elsewhere. I chose to spend it elsewhere.”